Your Donations at Work
Dr. Noble Irwin Regional Healthcare Foundation donors come from every corner of Southwest Saskatchewan and every walk of life. Some give because they were patients and appreciate the care they received in one of the healthcare facilities in the Cypress Health Region. Some are owners of small businesses who sat at the bedside of a sick family member. Some are corporations that regularly include the Foundation in their gift giving.
Your generous support, along with that of our other donors and partners in philanthropy, allows Dr. Noble Irwin Regional Healthcare Foundation to raise, manage and distribute funds in support of the mission and values of the Foundation in serving the community.
There are as many reasons to give as there are donors, but every donor over the years has known that they are giving to the Cypress Health Region that offers healthcare on a human scale and treats the whole person – not just his liver ailment or her breast cancer or their flu. And they have understood that their gifts to the Foundation work wonders large and small.
The Foundation gratefully acknowledges all individuals and organizations who have generously contributed as this enables us to deliver funds towards the purchase of equipment that will provide the highest quality of compassionate, patient centered care to those in our community — healthcare on a human scale. To you all, our heartfelt thanks!
The ambition of the Dr. Noble Irwin Regional Healthcare Foundation is to create a centre of healthcare excellence for all who reside in Southwest Saskatchewan. Since its inception, the Foundation has provided more than $17 million in funding to the Cypress Health Region for equipment, construction and training needs.
Through the generous financial support of the Southwest Saskatchewan community, the very patients and families who have come to rely on this institution are benefiting from our many successes. Below are listed some of the larger investments that were made possible through these generous donations; contributions that have led to many small wonders and some big wonders too. Equipment has been purchased for every facility in the region with more items currently approved.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.